To ensure the Apple Watch is set up correctly in the Apple Health App, complete the following steps.
- Navigate to the Apple Health app
- Select 'Summary' at the bottom. (iOS 12: tap 'Health Data', then tap a category, like 'Activity')
- Select a data type, like 'Steps'.
- Select 'Data Sources & Access'
- Select 'Edit' in the top right.
If your Apple Watch is not at the top of the list, touch and hold to the right of the Apple Watch data source and move it up to the top of the list.
The steps in your Health App should now match the steps in your Apple Watch.